Don’t let the sticker price of college stop you from applying to the school that’s right for you. Our comprehensive guide to grants, loans, scholarships and other awards will tell you what’s available, who’s eligible, and how to apply.
- Find out about New York State’s highly rated 529 College Savings Program.
- Find out about the three major sources of financial aid, the state and federal governments and colleges, and how to apply to them for aid.
- Estimate your grants, education cost and Expected Family Contribution with our financial aid calculators.
- Learn about state and federal tax credits and deductions.
- Do free searches for scholarships, colleges and campus-based aid.
- Check out the tips and advice in Smart Borrowing. Determine how much you should borrow, plan a budget and compare types of loans.
Use the federal FAFSA4caster
to help you understand your options for paying for college. Just provide some basic information and you'll see an estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid.