Pay My Defaulted FFEL Loan
HESC is committed to making repayment of your defaulted FFEL loan a fast, simple process. You can choose to have loan payments automatically deducted from your checking account through SMARTCHECK, or you can make electronic payments online.
By paying your defaulted loan in full, you’ll receive these benefits:
- National credit bureaus will be updated to show your defaulted loan as paid in full.
- You regain federal student financial aid eligibility.
- Your IRS tax refund will not be seized.
- You’ll realize interest cost savings.
- You may realize collection costs savings.