|Please keep in mind the following tips when completing your online TAP application:|
- Your TAP-on-the-Web application cannot be processed until your FAFSA is complete.
- TAP awards are not processed until the NYS Budget is passed, which is typically on or after April 1 of each year.
- If you miss the TAP link after finishing the FAFSA, you must wait 3 business days, until your FAFSA data is received by HESC, before completing your TAP-on-the-Web application.
- The TAP-on-the-Web application has space for only one school code. Usually it's the first New York State school you named on your FAFSA.
- When you decide on the school you will attend, please remember to update your TAP application with the name of that school if it's different from the one you included originally.